Pears with Pistachio Cream and Cacao
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, soaked overnight, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons agave
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Remove any skins that might remain on the pistachios after soaking.
2. Place all ingredients in high-speed blender, blend until smooth.
3. Refrigerate until firm.
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1. Whisk all ingredients together to make the ganache.
- 2 pears
- 1/4 cup pistachios, chopped
- pistachio cream
1. Cut and core pears.
2. Place on plate and spoon pistacho cream into pears.
3. Top with ganache and chopped pistachios.
High Protein Quinoa Almond Berry Salad
Light in both texture and flavour. It’s also a complete protein source and gluten-free.
Delicious! I so want to make that for breakfast.. Yum
I made some stuffed Acorn Squash a few years ago and I absolutely loved it, but when I was trying to find the recipe online I couldn’t find it anywhere! So, I modified a recipe that was close and i filled in the rest by memory. I hope you like it! Let me know if you have any modifications that you love=) ~Susie
Stuffed Acorn Squash
4 large acorn squash
2 Granny Smith apples
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup diced pecans
½ cup melted butter
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
½ tablespoon nutmeg
¼ cup honey
¼ Maple Syrup
1 tablespoon kosher salt (if needed)
1) Cut squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
2) Poke the inside of the Acorn Squash with a fork several times.
3) Pour butter into all the squash halves and brush the inside.
4) Core and cut apples & pears into cubes.
5) Mix remaining ingredients in a bowl together.
6) Place mixture in seed cavity of roasted squash and cover with tin foil.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min then remove tinfoil and bake for another 15 or until squash and apples are tender.